You’re renting a place, making a home for yourself, but your landlord refuses to do repairs, or never gives you notice before entering your rental. You feel as if your rights are being ignored and your enjoyment of the property is diminished.

The Landlord and Tenant Board’s (LTB) role is to provide information about the Residential Tenancies Act (RTA) in order to resolve disputes between landlords and tenants. Disputes between most residential landlords and tenants are adjudicated at hearings or resolved with the assistance of Landlord and Tenant Board appointed mediators.

To start a process against your landlord, you may file an Application with the LTB if you feel that the landlord has done something contrary to the RTA and you wish to bring the matter forward to be resolved.

There are proper procedures in place with the Landlord and Tenant Board that can help ensure the rights of tenants are not overlooked. We will guide you through the process and fully represent your interests the entire way. It is our duty and privilege to ensure that your position is heard and advocated for.

Also, if you in a situation where you are in rental arrears or even with your utilities there is one time only assistance for low-income families to qualify. Check in your area for the Rent Bank (copy and paste links in your browser):


Durham Region:

Peel Region:

York Region:!ut/p/a0/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOI9Hd09PTy8Dbz8TSycDRwN_B29jMwtDFx9zPULsh0VAQEAdhQ!/

Halton Region: Housing Stability Fund


Maria-Anita Lovell Professional Corporation